Safe Environment Requirements
The Diocese of Pittsburgh requires that all volunteers in ministry with children comply with the Safe Environment Policy which includes the following components:
- Diocesan Database and National Criminal Record check by visiting https://www.eappsdb.com/Login.asp?ORGZ_KEY=39 .
- PA Criminal Record Check (completed with step one) or you can complete by visiting https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp .
- PA Child Abuse History. You can access the online portal at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- Protecting God’s Children Workshop ( this is now offered online at: http://www.virtus.com and click registration)
- Pastoral Code of Conduct (completed with step one)
- Child Protective Services Law Acknowledgement (completed with step one)
- FBI Fingerprint (a waiver can be signed if you have lived in the state of PA for the past 10 years) You may access the Waiver here.
Additional Clearance for volunteers that have direct contact with children ( All Clergy, All Diocesan Employees, Catechists & Adult Aides, Vacation Bible School Workers, Youth Workers, and all other volunteers who perform a service where they have direct access to children)
- Mandated Reporter Training. Act 31. You may access the training by clicking here.
Diocesan Online Database
All adults who have regular contact with minors must complete the Diocese of Pittsburgh’s database application. Once the application is completed, it will automatically generate a Pennsylvania State Police criminal record check.
PA Criminal Record Check
This is required for all volunteers, ages 18 and older, who work in ministry with children or teens. This is automatically completed with the database application above. The Parish will renew this every 5 years. If you would like to register for your own Criminal Record Check (CRC), please click here. There is no charge for volunteers to complete a CRC form. All results are back immediately. Once you have a copy of this form, please submit a copy to the Office for your records.
PA Child Abuse History Clearance
This is required for all volunteers, ages 18 and older, who work in ministry with children or teens. Please print, complete and sign. The Parish will renew this every 5 years. If you would like to complete your own form, please click here and create an account. There is not a charge for volunteers to do this. All results are back within 10 days. Once you have a copy of this form, please submit a copy to the Office for your records.