In light of the impending retirement of our custodian, Glenn Smeltz, we have begun actively searching for a replacement. Please share with anyone who may be interested.
Location: Our Lady of Peace Parish, 1000 3rd Ave, Conway PA 15027
Custodian for our facilities and grounds.
Our Custodian is responsible for the following:
* Maintenance including knowledge of plumbing and electrical repair and upkeep of parish facilities
* Performance of custodial duties including but not limited to cleaning services (trash removal, mopping, restroom cleaning, floor stripping/waxing as needed) in the Church, Education Building and Parish Rectory
* Arrangement of routine inspections for safety, heating and cooling systems
* Maintaining an inventory of materials needed for the routine operation of the parish (cleaning supplies, trash bags, etc)
* Set up and break down of chairs and tables for a variety of parish functions throughout the year
* Snow and ice removal from walkways and entrances during winter months
* Facility restoration (painting, building repair, etc.) as needed, especially during the summer months
The perfect candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Ability to work with parish staff to maintain a clean and welcoming environment is a must
* Moving, loading and unloading equipment and supplies weighing 40lbs and heavier is required
* Working independently without direct supervision
* High School, GED or Trade school with 3 years of maintenance experience is required
The following clearances are required: Diocese of Pittsburgh Safe Environment Application, Protecting God’s Children Workshop, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprinting, and Mandated Reporter Training on or before the first day of employment. Instruction/assistance will be given to meet these requirements.
If interested in applying, please send resume to Eileen Karshin, Business Coordinator, Our Lady of Peace Parish, 1000 3rd Ave., Conway PA 15027 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.